Monday, February 21, 2011

Future Islands (2/18/11)

This Future Islands show was a featured performance on my February Spangle article, and for good reason.  Ever since I first heard Tin Man, I knew I'd like this band.  If you like your band to be passionate about their music, and especially their performance, this. is. your. band.  Throw in some amazing electronic elements, and it's nearly epic.  The more I listened to their stuff, the more I liked it.  Seeing them live just sealed the deal.

Future Islands (2/18/11)

Seeing Sam Herring (the lead) walk around before the show, I had no clue about the transformation that was about to take place on stage.  I had heard he was passionate, but as soon as the music kicked in, you could visually see the change happen.  It's like he became an angry, caged animal on stage - growling and lunging at the crowd. But at the same time the audience could feel completely safe, being close enough to have been bitten.  This wasn't confrontation however, just pure expression.  I'd never seen anything like it.

Future Islands (2/18/11)

More Videos: Vireo's Eye & An Apology

 

No comments:

Post a Comment