Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Joan Armatrading (7/24/10)

Joan Armatrading has become one of my all-time favorite artists.  I have to admit, I probably like her older stuff a little bit more, but I still think she's an amazing musician and performer.  This was an amazing evening.  It started out at Chinato (amazing) for dinner with friends.  We then walked over to House of Blues, but missed most of Robin Stone.  Once she was done, we took our (amazing, FRONT ROW) seats.

Joan walked out with a subtle smile, ready to take us all on a little journey through her amazing repertoire.  She does a great job of playing a mix of old and new tracks, and her wit on stage is refreshing.  She is one talented, classy lady - who can still effortlessly sway between beautiful ballads and rock & roll.

There was some serious photo patrolling going on, but I did snag this photo on my way back from the bathroom.

Joan Armatrading (7/27/10)

I also swiped this!!

Joan Armatrading (7/27/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment