Friday, August 6, 2010

Blitzen Trapper (7/29/10)

I was able (and excited) to catch a bit of Blitzen Trapper last year at the Pitchfork Music Festival.  Their Furr album was one of my favorite from last year (even though it was out in 2008).  Finally, this was my chance to catch a full set from these guys.  I've been liking their new release, Destroyer of the Void, though I haven't spent as much time with it as I'd like.

Opening was Pomegranates.  Unfortunately, I don't remember much about this performance. Which is about the same way I felt about their album.  However, I do remember that I liked the general sound of both. No complaints.  I think they're good, they just need to focus their sound a little bit.

Pomegranates (7/29/10)

Blitzen Trapper was everything I was hoping for.  Hearing an entire set of their almost 70's style rock & roll, with a bit of country twinge is exactly what I'd been waiting for since Pitchfork.  A great variety and solid musicianship (despite some technical difficulties).

Blitzen Trapper (7/29/10)

Here's a clip I took of one of my favorite tracks. (Though, you can view a better quality version over at kingofthecastle7.)

Download their whole performance from the Newport Folk Festival from NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment